Our next 1-month intensive course takes place in September 2019 (exact date to be confirmed soon).
During the program, trainees will learn, practice, and teach the following:
- Mixed levels of Ashtanga yoga, Vinyasa flow, Restorative, Acro yoga and self-practice
- Pranayama (breathing techniques) / Meditation / Chanting (Bhakti yoga)
- Yoga anatomy / physiology including subtle body e.g. chakras
- Yoga history and philosophy e.g. yoga sutras, eight limbs of Ashtanga yoga
- Yogic and conscious living in theory and practice / Yogic diet
- Teaching methodology and adjustments / Sanskrit names of asanas
- Kriya (Cleansing)
- How to develop intention and meaning to the practice
- Business and ethics of yoga / Qualities of a yoga instructor
The 1-month intensive course takes place in Southern Spain at the beautiful Cortijo Caseria Del Mercado, a small organic farm high in the Alpujarras mountains of Andalucia. Both shared and single accommodation is offered.
Cortijo Caseria Del Mercado is a traditional Spanish country house surrounded by its own land. It is not really what we think of as a “farm” in Northern Europe although it is self-sufficient most of the year. There is a swimming pool and different indoor and outdoor eating spaces. We have run many yoga intensive teacher training courses at the Cortijo; we find that the place itself and the surrounding area is very conducive for yogic living, the energy is so beautiful.
The Cortijo is located in the middle of the Alpujarras, very close to Trevelez, which is an area known for its clean, fresh mountain air, herbal plant life, and relaxing natural environment. It is very popular among alternative communities of respectful harmonious living with the environment, the climate, and the peace of the area.
The venue has its own market garden with organic seasonal vegetables and fruit trees dotted around the land. It also has a small goat herd for milk, horses, peacocks etc. The land is extensive enough for people to find their own solitude if required.
There are several toilets and five fully equipped bathrooms. There are also two washing machines.
During the training a substantial brunch will be provided Monday to Friday.
All other meals will be self-catered. There are four fully equipped kitchens available with fridges and ovens and you will have the opportunity to go shopping at a large supermarket a few times during the training (transport provided free of charge by the venue). Alternatively, there is a bus from the local village of Castaras (15 minutes walk away) to the town of Orgiva 30 minutes drive away. Castaras does not have any shops but it does have two inexpensive tapas bars where you can eat snacks and relax.
For more information on the farmhouse and area go to: www.cortijolacaseria.com.
- 06:30-10:00 – Kriyas, Asana, Pranayama & Meditation (taught class)
- 10:00-11:00 – Breakfast
- 11.00-13:00 – Lecture
- 13:00-15:45 – Self catered lunch
- 15:45-16:00 – Lecture
- 16:00-18:00 – Teaching methodology and teaching practice
- 18:00-19:00 – Chanting, yoga nidra, open discussions ( 3 to 4 evenings per week )
- 19:00-20:00 – Self catered Dinner
Depending on the type of accommodation you select, prices are as follows:
Shared double or triple room: 2,695 Euros
Semi-private room with curtains instead of door: 2,795 Euros
Private room: 2,950 Euros
The price includes:
- Training, Yoga Alliance Certificate & study materials
- Transfers in Spain from Orgiva to the farmhouse where the course will take place
- Daily breakfast (all other meals are self-catering)
- Accommodation in Spain
For more information on course payment, please email us at InspiraYogaUK@gmail.com
Book directly with us for a 150 Euro discount (please mention this offer when paying).
Additionally, for students who are keen to further their yoga teacher qualifications in Spain, please take a look at Yoga Sunshine Training School in Tarifa, Spain, who offer 30hr and 50hr Yin Yoga trainings.