Our 1 year 200 hour Yoga Alliance certified Teacher Training is split between Central London (6 weekends over a period of 11 months) and a final intensive week in Southern Spain.
The format is perfect for people leading busy lives in London, it can still work around other commitments whilst being over a long enough period to really absorb the learning.
The final intensive week in Spain is in an absolutely stunning, tranquil setting at Cortijo Casería del Mercado, a small organic farm high in the Alpujarras mountains of Andalucia. In addition to the huge array of fruit and vegetables grown on site the farm has goats, horses and a peacock breeding sanctuary, the farm also produces its own organic olive oil.
Not only is the cortijo a working farm, it has been adapted as a retreat center with traditional Spanish accommodation, a natural mineral water swimming pool and two yoga shalas, one indoor and one outdoor. Both shared and single accommodation is offered. It is perfect for taking time out, consolidating all of the learnings and putting everything you have learnt into practice.
2019 – 2020 Course dates
All London weekends to be held at the Light Centre, Moorgate, Central London.
|29-30 June 2019||London|
|24-25 August 2019||London|
|26-27 October 2019||London|
|7-8 December 2019||London|
|22-23 February 2020||London|
|2-3 May 2020||London|
|20-27 (One week) June 2020||Spain|
The final intensive week in Spain will be dedicated to refining your teaching skills, more in-depth study of yogic philosophy and the final observed practicums.
In addition, it will be the perfect opportunity to immerse yourself in the yogic lifestyle surrounded by like-minded fellow yoga teacher trainees.
- Mixed levels of Ashtanga yoga, Vinyasa flow, Restorative, Acro yoga and self-practice
- Pranayama (breathing techniques) / Meditation / Chanting (Bhakti yoga)
- Yoga anatomy / physiology including subtle body e.g. chakras
- Yoga history and philosophy e.g. yoga sutras, eight limbs of Ashtanga yoga
- Yogic and conscious living in theory and practice / Yogic diet
- Teaching methodology and adjustments / Sanskrit names of asanas
- Kriya (Cleansing)
- How to develop intention and meaning to the practice
- Business and ethics of yoga / Qualities of a yoga instructor
Saturday / Sunday
|09:00-11.15||Asana, Pranayama & Meditation (taught class)|
|11:30-13:00||Asana structuring and sequencing|
|14:00-16:00||Lecture: Yoga anatomy and physiology|
|16:15-18:00||Teaching methodology and teaching practice|
|07:00-10.00||Asana, Pranayama & Meditation (taught class)|
|16:00-18:00||Teaching methodology and teaching practice|